News:

We hope this email finds you well. Our team is reaching out to you to give you a quick reminder that the domains(s) listed below will soon be due for renewal.
=============================
pinkhotelgroup.- 10/26/2024.
=============================
Please help keep  the hotel open
https://curious.pinkhotelgroup.com/index.php/topic,20.0.html

Adult Social Media Platform - Sign Up

Main Menu

Browser Warning

Started by Sandra, Sep, 09, 2024,

ugga1968

Sandra

I have a excellent tech. member that will hopfully return this site to its original state, error free and attachments / avatars working, plus a few new 'extra's' (at a later date)

First we have to get access to the CPanel and correct errors.

I will update this thread regularly so members know what progress (if any) we are making.

I SUGGEST ALL MEMBERS LEARN HOW TO 'HOTLINK A IMAGE
HOW TO HOTLINK A IMAGE

Red Hedonist Joy

Quote from: Max on Sep, 12, 2024, However left you in the lurch by walking away and not ensuring you can run it independently of him is a low-life. A pathetic one, at that...

To be fair, this guy was seriously injured in an accident and when I last heard from him he was due to check into a rehab facility for several months and undergo more surgeries. I fear he's now a goner. I hope I'm wrong.
Radical Troublemaker

Max

Quote from: Red Hedonist Joy on Sep, 13, 2024,
Quote from: Max on Sep, 12, 2024, However left you in the lurch by walking away and not ensuring you can run it independently of him is a low-life. A pathetic one, at that...

To be fair, this guy was seriously injured in an accident and when I last heard from him he was due to check into a rehab facility for several months and undergo more surgeries. I fear he's now a goner. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I actually wasn't made aware of any of that, until now, Joy.
Only that he had not been online for a while and wasn't responding to emails.

Still, it highlights the necessity for anyone running a website or other thing that they are very vulnerable to collapse if they don't have control of the necessary data such as passwords, logins, backups etc.

Sandra

I have asked our host for access to the cPanal,
HOW TO HOTLINK A IMAGE

ugga1968

Quote from: Sandra on Sep, 14, 2024, I have asked our host for access to the cPanal,

Freudian slip?
 glasses#

Sandra

HOW TO HOTLINK A IMAGE

RodjerKerr

A big thanks to all who worked on purchasing and installing the new SSL certificate, especially Sandra.  I am willing to donate to the cause to keep us rolling.  Sandra, if you have PayPal, Venmo, or another money transfer application, please post it here on send to me via DM.

Max

Quote from: RodjerKerr on Sep, 14, 2024, A big thanks to all who worked on purchasing and installing the new SSL certificate, especially Sandra.  I am willing to donate to the cause to keep us rolling.  Sandra, if you have PayPal, Venmo, or another money transfer application, please post it here on send to me via DM.

Sandra renewed the SSL all by herself. :)
However, she/we aren't out of the woods yet.

She's trying to get the account login details from another two members here and until she gets them, there's no access to the account for domain renewal or to the webserver for new features/changes, or to anything really.   

Hopefully, one of them will respond and we'll get this all tidied up for her.

Failing that it may be a nightmare to scrape this site whilst building a new one to accommodate all the data, categorised as it is, across rooms and floors.

Here's hoping.

ugga1968

Quote from: RodjerKerr on Sep, 14, 2024, A big thanks to all who worked on purchasing and installing the new SSL certificate, especially Sandra.  I am willing to donate to the cause to keep us rolling.  Sandra, if you have PayPal, Venmo, or another money transfer application, please post it here on send to me via DM.

This is how to donate: https://curious.pinkhotelgroup.com/index.php/topic,20.0.html

yes#

Max

Currently the situation is like this.

Basically; none of us who are in contact with Sandra and including Sandra, have any control of the server/site. It could realistically go down any time.

Someone else or a couple of guys have the login details but they are not responding to messages or emails soon enough.

The options are
1. to leave the thing running rudderless such that it will eventually sooner or later sink.

2. to get the login details and change them so Sandra has control.

3. to re-write a new site, with new features that are not normally in forum software, and then to scrape this one of all its visible (when logged in), data.

(2) is the optimal option. Nobody's login details will be scrape-able which means all logins you have and all your PMs/DMs messages may be lost. Indeed, even connecting the name of each poster to a specific set of messages would be impossible because we wouldn't be able to scrape user's details.

Scraping (option3), would be a massive task in itself - not something that would normally be done by someone without either a corporate budget or someone who has the potential to make such sizeable money from the scraped data. Neither applies here.

So, unfortunately, subject to my having the full details of the issue; unless and until Sandra hears back from the guys she relied on before, option 1 is the most likely outcome. 

It's very frustrating. I've never tried to help/work on a project where to do so is impossible.  (because we can't gain access to the server).
Sandra seems anxious and frustrated too.

I hope it doesn't become yet another example of a hobby site (Sandra says it's a hobby), falling by the wayside because of simple issues that shouldn't have arisen. It's not even like a cost has hit her hard. It's less than 10USD per month to run the server.

Anyway, all we can do is wait to see if someone with details comes back to her with them at which point we could fix it all.

If not, she will have quite the decision to make, because some upcoming events will be and currently are unfixable.
eg.
1. Server provider needs to perform an upgrade which conflicts with some forum software. That may break the site completely in any one of several ways.
There are several sets of server software running behind the site, such as PHP, MySQL, Javascript/jQuery and others. 
Any one of those may receive an urgent upgrade at any point, which the server provider will do regardless of whether it breaks one client's site. 

Without login details and someone to manage the server for Sandra, that may kill the site in an instant.       

Fingers crossed for forthcoming new info.

RodjerKerr

Even though there would be a massive loss of data and information that is currently available on this current site, how difficult and expensive would it be for Sandra and/or a few backers to just start from scratch and create our own new PHP-based forum?  Yes, it would take an extremely long time to get back to where we are today with the current hotel site, but wouldn't it be worth it to control our own destiny? Is there a way to place banner ads that would generate some revenue to pay for the ongoing maintenance  and upkeep of the site? Unfortunately, I am, not knowledgeable about these things, hence my rather naïve point of view.